- There’s no denying that your grill needs to be cleaned. After even one cookout, you’ll see the charring and burnt bits of food that are left behind.
- You’ve got to be careful, as these will cause problems for you when grilling. Firstly, they’re going to affect food cooked on the grill in the future, as using an un-cleaned grill is unsanitary.
- Plus, there’s the fact that after a while, those burned on bits will be harder and harder to get off.
- The answer is to use a grill brush to clean the grill down after every use.
- There are lots of different grill brushes on the market, but nylon brushes are a favorite with many grill owners.
- They offer a lot of benefits and are very easy to get hold of. It’s worth noting that you can’t use nylon brushes with hot cleaning methods, as the bristles will melt and be damaged if you do so.
- Also, a nylon brush is the softest grill brush out there, so you will see that you’ll need to put in more elbow grease when you use them.
- There are so many benefits to using them, though. Why should you consider getting a nylon brush for cleaning your grill?
They’re Less Likely To Damage Your Grill
- As just mentioned, a nylon brush is a soft cleaning brush. Because of this, it’s not going to scratch or damage your grill.
- Lots of grill owners want to go for harder options, such as metal brushes, as they offer a more intensive clean. It’s true that they’ll take a lot of gunk off your grill with less effort.
- However, as they’re harder, they run the risk of scratching or damaging your grill.
- You’ve got to consider the material your grill is made of when you’re picking a grill brush. If you have a grill with a porcelain coating, for example, then it’s much more susceptible to scratching.
- With a nylon brush, you won’t have to worry about that. They’re tough enough to get off dirt, without causing damage in the process.
No Metal Contact with the Grill
- Metal grill brushes are a great tool, as they are easy to use and easily remove a lot of dirt and grime from your grill without having to spend a long time scrubbing.
- However, most cheap brushes aren’t made to last and will begin to deteriorate over time.
- Your standard grill brush isn’t designed to prevent metal bristles from falling away from the brush. This raises the concern that those bristles may remain on the grill and come in contact with your food.
- To prevent this, we recommend using a nylon grill brush or upgrading your cheap grill brush to a Grillbot. One of the design features we’ve spent time developing avoids this problem altogether, as the bristles are attached using a loop design around the foundation.
Easy to Clean
- When you’re done cleaning your grill, you need to clean the brush itself. If you don’t, all that dirt you scrubbed away is going to sit in the brush.
- When you go to clean your grill, you’re just going to deposit it right back into the grill itself. It isn’t ideal, so you need to clean your brush once you’re done using it.
- A nylon brush is one of the easiest to clean, because all you have to do is throw it into the dishwasher with all your other dishes, and get it clean that way. It’s super easy, and takes a couple of seconds to do.
- Put it in the dishwasher along with the utensils you used to grill, and you’ll always have a sparkling clean grill every time.
- This is another area the Grillbot beats the competition – Grillbot brushes are removable for easy cleaning. This allows you to clean your brushes easily without taking up too much space in your dishwasher.
- In addition, you can purchase replacement nylon brushes for your Grillbot to ensure it’s always in pristine condition.
Nylon Lasts Longer Than Other Brush Types
- When you buy a grill cleaning brush, you don’t want to think about having to replace it right way. You want to get the most value out of it, so you’ll be able to clean your grill with it over and over.
- A nylon brush is the best choice here, as the bristles last over many cleanings. Other brushes will have more fragile bristles, so you’ll see them come off after a few uses.
- Apart from the dangers described above, you don’t want to be constantly re-buying brushes so you can keep your grill clean.
- As nylon lasts for so long, you’ll get your money’s worth when you buy a nylon grill brush. It’ll be able to take so many cleaning sessions without showing any wear at all.
- Take good care of it and you can literally get years out of your brush.
Get a Thorough Clean Without Any Worries
- There are lots of different ways of cleaning your grill out there. There are steel wire brushes, cleaning stones, even homemade options such as cleaning with aluminum foil or half of an onion.
- These all work, but a nylon brush gives you all that cleaning power without any of the worries.
- The homemade options are good cleaning styles, but to really be able to clean your grill you need bristles. These help you get into all the nook and crannies and clean out any hiding residue from your last BBQ.
- As they’re nylon rather than steel, you don’t have to worry about them coming out or scratching the grill. It’s the best way to clean your grill.
- These are the 5 top reasons why you need a nylon grill brush for your grill. They are hard-wearing and able to clean a grill just as well as other options out there.
- Whether you buy a regular brush or a nylon brush or your automatic grill cleaner, you’ll see the difference they make to your grill.